Integrated task, contact, and motion planning
We developed the Random-MMP and Multi-Modal-PRM sample-based motion planners for hybrid systems with contact, and have applied them to problems in manipulation and legged locomotion in rough terrain. These algorithms possess formal reliablility and scalablility properties that make them suitable for high-dimensional planning problems with complex constraints.
- K. Hauser and V. Ng-Thow-Hing. Randomized Multi-Modal Motion Planning for a Humanoid Robot Manipulation Task. In International Journal of Robotics Research, 30(6):678-698, 2011. doi: 10.1177/0278364910386985.
- K. Hauser. Task Planning with Continuous Actions and Nondeterministic Motion Planning Queries. In proceedings of AAAI Workshop on Bridging the Gap between Task and Motion Planning, Atlanta, USA, July 11, 2010.
- K. Hauser and J.-C. Latombe. Multi-Modal Motion Planning in Non-Expansive Spaces. In International Journal of Robotics Research, 29(7):897-915, 2010. doi 10.1177/0278364909352098
- K. Hauser and J.-C. Latombe. Integrating task and PRM motion planning: Dealing with many infeasible motion planning queries. In proceedings of ICAPS 2009 Workshop on Bridging the Gap Between Task and Motion Planning, Thessaloniki, Greece, Sep. 2009.
- K. Hauser and J.-C. Latombe, Multi-Modal Motion Planning for Non-Expansive Spaces. In the Workshop on the Algorithm Foundations of Robotics (WAFR), Guanajuato, Mexico, Dec. 2008.
- K. Hauser, Motion Planning for Legged and Humanoid Robots. Ph.D. Thesis, Stanford University, September 2008. (8.9mb, single sided)
- Implementation of multi-modal motion planning in the Lightweight Motion Planning Library